Thursday, July 1, 2010

Sea Blue and Lavender


Good morning, friends!


Well, the Allegan Antique Market surrendered some absolutely perfectly imperfect finds for Debbie and I this past weekend.   

Oh, it was good.  Really good. 
So good, that I want to go back in July...

We had such a grand time!  We turned on our 'radar' and shopped and rummaged, searched and sorted, and walked and walked til the big old storm clouds started rolling in and we heard murmurings of a storm watch.  Luckily, we could see the last vendor at the end of the line and made our last minute much-needed purchases before we heard thunder.

I promised I'd share with you all the vintagey, chippy, old, sentimental treasures that somehow found their way to this vintagey, chippy old, sentimental farmhouse.

And the first one is this quaint little sea blue bottle.


There were so many different bottles in so many different shapes and sizes....all lined up in rows here and there, displayed with and without flowers in them - all in that incredible sea glass aqua blue color that I crave in this house in one way or another.  
It so reminds me of the color of the sea...


I knew exactly where this little blue sparkly treasure was going to go....right next to the large blue one I dug up in the woods on our property (which I had to give a really good cleaning to - it was filled with something that I don't even want to try to describe to you....)


Debbie left me a sweet thank-you gift on the guest bed, and nestled inside among a candle, and linen napkins, was some lavender from her garden. This little bottle was the perfect place for that beautifully scented gift.


The way the sun sparkles through that perfect blue in the morning makes me happy.
As I stand at the sink washing up dishes after meals, the scent of the lavender calms and centers me.


A sweet little treasure for a sweet little price.....$3!

Yeah, that's what good antique markets are all about.


[Hugs}!

(Oh, and be sure to visit again! 
I'll be sharing more antique market goodies with you soon!)

~ laurie




9 comments:

  1. Oh Laurie.....seeing your pics reminds me of our weekend with you and hubby. Such a great time we had. Your bottle looks great on the sill. LOVE the sun streaming in throught the blue glass. sigh....miss you.
    Debbie@houseatthelake
    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Miss you a boatload, too, Debbie! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a sweet little bottle. I wish I could go shopping with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey you!!! thank you for stopping by today, and leaving such a nice comment! I'm sooo glad I bought all four chairs from Georgina! It sure was a nice addition to the sunporch.
    Luuuurve you!
    Debbie@houseatthelake

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love coming to your blog. It is like a visit with an old friend. It makes me think of my farm home in PA. and sometimes makes me long for those days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laurie-Sorry-I couldn't figure out how to email you separately (duh-you notice I do very BASIC computer things-lol) Anyway, if you pop by my blog today you will see the twin beds that match your own JennyLind-They are a treasure to me-the pictures above I bought in a 2nd hand store when my oldest was a baby..and the little stand between beds was a junk shop find..with chippy BLACK paint-instead of white. Thought you might enjoy a peek. xxoo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laurie ~ What a beautiful bottle. I LOVE the coloring and writing on it! I wish I could find such a great treasure for $3...what a great price!!
    Debbie is such a swweetie! The lavender she left you looks perfect your new find. :)
    Happy 4th!
    Hugs ~ Jo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laurie,
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. So appreciated. I love the blue bottles, they have so many uses, especially look good as vases.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just found your blog from Faded Charm and love the blue bottle with the lavender, love the smell of lavender!

    Rondell

    ReplyDelete

Bless you and thank you for visiting! I read each of your comments and treasure them all. So, please make sure your settings will accept emails, or leave your email address so that I can reply! ♥ Laurie